The Bergen Institute for Agriculture and the Arts was incorporated as an Alberta society in January, 2010. The object of the Bergen Institute is to benefit all members of the Bergen community through special projects and events, including:
- promoting agriculture and agricultural practices appropriate to the area
- establishing and supporting cultural and artistic opportunities (fairs, markets, concerts, readings, other special events) which recognize and confirm such activities as an important part of the Bergen way of life
- networking with other communities also concerned with rural development through agricultural prosperity, and cultural and artistic vitality
- providing and facilitating access to educational opportunities on a range of topics
- researching and developing best practices in these areas, and disseminating the results widely to communities, individuals, and organizations
Want to help? Get in touch!